Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bah Blah Blek Sheep - by Frostydog



OK, so I missed the TAT screening with the bois, so I decided to view a copy from Switzerland………Shhhhhhhhh – so here with are my thoughts:

Stunning vistas of New Zealand's rolling countryside aren't enough to carry this lame 2006 horror spoof about a lab experiment gone awry. It is never very frightening, but I can see how some my think it's clever and fun, with a memorable amount of humor and gore. Imagine if the Monty Python folks made the killer rabbit part from Holy Grail into a full-length movie!!!!

Anyone lacking a taste for red meat will likely say bah to the one-joke juiciness of Black Sheep, but ovine enthusiasts will be licking their chops I am sure!

I realise that Jonathan King's film is an intentionally moronic mash-up of horror clichés bound to delight all fans of grade-Z entertainment, it’s a cute idea with poor execution with the human characters nothing more than tired stereotypes... But the sheep are fabulous!

The picture is really a a vibrant advertisement for the scenic glories of New Zealand – more like a Triumph of the Lambs.

I give this 1 rotten apple








No comments: